The Risk Management team is seeking an actuary or an economist to assist in the governance, internal control, risk assessments and production of the Solvency II capital requirements and Solvency II reporting. We have a clear objective to achieve a high degree of automation and to make all of our processes efficient while allowing the required flexibility. It is a very transversal function, working closely with the assurance functions and with most of the areas of the company.
We are looking for a motivated and committed individual with robust technical skills who is eager to learn about Risk Management and Solvency II. The role is focused on all the main risk management activities, including governance, internal control, supporting the conduct of risk assessments and the preparation of risk management documentation for Audit Committees and Boards, and also on the production of the capital requirements. Therefore, the role offers the possibility to learn, contribute to and expand on most of the main risk management activities.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Assist in the preparation of risk and control documentation for Audit Committees and Boards.
- Contribute to the preparation of risk assessments for ZIP Spanish Branch (including Commercial Insurance) and Zurich Vida Entity.
- Contribute to the preparation of project risk assessments.
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external reportings, including Solvency II reports (Risk Committees, ORSA, SFCR, RSR and other reporting requirements)
- Zurich Risk Policy is broadly recognized as the foundation for all risk management activities across the organization
- Group Risk Management Framework is sufficiently understood and implemented in the organization
- Consistent, reliable and timely delivery of risk information to relevant decision-making bodies
Your Skills and Experience
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Fully qualified actuary/qualified economist.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in underwriting, investments or capital.
- Experience in Solvency II regulation.
- Experience in governance
- Advanced level of Spanish and English.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet software (Excel).
- Basic knowledge of statistical tools (e.g. Microstrategy, SAS Enterprise Guide).
- Self-motivation and drive.
- Professional, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to seek out available resources and sources of information.
- Positive and flexible attitude.
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems.
- Customer focused.
- Constructive and supportive working style.
- Good communication skills.
If you are an enthusiastic learner, a team builder, proactive, open-minder and target-driven, then we are looking for you!
Work location is in Barcelona and you will get the chance to develop your professional career with a great team and a very good work environment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org