We are looking for a Reserving Actuary, someone to manage the reserving process (IFRS and Solvency 2) and to provide support and advice to the relevant Chief Reserving Actuary and to the actuarial business partners, including insights into underlying performance and implications for the business.
We’ll help and support you providing all the information you may need such as those related with processes, procedures and business.
Reporting to the Reserving Actuary Manager, your main responsibilities will be:
- Support reserving, portfolio profitability management, reinsurance, or market-facing business units in complex environments and lines of business.
- Prepare and perform actuarial analyses including loss and premium projections, consultation on actuarial models, or capital modeling under local GAAP, IFRS and Solvency 2 regulation.
- Support Finance, market-facing business units, Claims, Risk, Capital Management, and other functions on reserving and strategic business decisions.
- Provide consultation and technical expertise on actuarial models and risk issues.
- Ensure that the claims provisioning processes for assigned Business Unit(s) are appropriately governed in accordance with Group, Regional, and Local regulatory policies.
- Provide professional actuarial support and advice to actuarial business partners including insights into underlying performance and implications for the business.
- Analyze data and undertake complex modeling using established methodologies to quantify risk and support business decision making. Perform more complex analyses as assigned under the supervision of the Chief Reserving Actuary.
- Manage the flow and quality of relevant actuarial data to ensure robust output.
- Collaborate in a dynamic team, helping in the development of knowledge and skills, as well as in achieving the different goals.
- Contribute to cross-function discussions by providing insights from own area in order to promote cross-functional sharing of information.
- Ensure that processes and standards are consistent with internal actuarial policies and guidance and compliant with regulations; lead the implementation of systems and process improvements in own area.
- Participate in analyses and provide high quality actuarial advice to facilitate business decisions related to mergers & acquisitions and/or special projects that are outside of normal business as usual or geographic responsibilities.
- Assist in the development of risk based capital models as well as parameterization and allocation activities to support actuarial services.
- Research best actuarial practice and review/analyze current practice area to support senior management in developing and improving processes and systems.
- Make informed actuarial recommendations based on professional judgment and experience.
Your Skills and Experience
As Reserving Actuary your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Master’s degree in Actuarial Sciences and 4 or more years of experience in related field.
- Experience in Solvency 2 Actuarial Function.
- Fluent in Spanish and English B2 or upper level.
Nice to have:
- Experience in multiple functional areas (pricing, reserving, reinsurance, capital management, etc.) and/or multiple Business Units.
- Experience in implementation projects.
- Used to deal with deadlines and manage workload seasonality.
If you are an enthusiastic learner, a team builder, proactive, open-minded and target-driven, then we are looking for you!
Work location is in Barcelona and you will get the chance to develop your professional career with a great team and a very good work environment.
Zurich Insurance has the policy to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to criteria such as race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org