What are we looking for?
We are looking for a qualified actuary to join our Reserving team as member of EMEA Actuarial Center of Excellence based in Spain. We are a diverse team sharing best practices and new ways of work.
Our day to day:
- We work on Zurich Group Reserving, collaborating with all the local stakeholders in Spain (Claims, Underwriting, Pricing, Finance, Risk…) on reserving and strategic business decisions. We provide consultation and technical expertise on actuarial models and risk issues. Also, we need to ensure that the claims provisioning processes are appropriately governed in accordance with Group, Regional, and Local regulatory policies.
- As Manager you will have the opportunity to report directly to the Chief Reserving Actuary, with exposure to several forums with ExCo members in the attendance. Together with the other manager of the team you will lead part of the team. We look for a team leader who inspires the team.
- Your BAU work will include quarterly reporting of reserves in several GAAPS (local, IFRS, Solvency 2, SST), Forecasting and Planning exercises, periodic meetings and analysis performed together with business areas and support the development of the team,.
- Also we have several projects running that are awesome opportunities to innovate and grow professionally in your role: IFRS17 implementation, Finance Rocks, new agile methodology implementation, optimization of processes (new tools and technologies implementation), new products launching (digital new proposition is very innovative!) and the list is continuously increasing. As we close projects, we start new ones.
What do we need
- If you are a fully qualified actuary in a recognized actuarial body, with 8-10 years of professional actuarial experience, you worked in Reserving before, you have experience also in cross-functional roles and/or implementation projects and you enjoy leading teams you can join us!
- Software for data transformation is also needed in our job, we currently use SAS but we are exploring new tools and languages to optimize our data processes. If you can bring new skills to our team, this is also very welcomed.
- For us, attitude is a basic, if you are an enthusiastic learner, team-builder, proactive, open-minder, love to lead people and you like to innovate in your daily life, you could be our new Manager!
- As you can imagine, we need to deal with deadlines, work under pressure and manage workload seasonality as in many other companies, but in Zurich we make the difference with awesome Zurich WellCare tools and benefits.
- Just to remark one, we promote the flexwork (you can work from home, wherever it is!), we have a modern mindset as we innovate and adapt our work to the new times.
Zurich Benefits / Por ser de Zurich
As well as a competitive salary, we offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes:
- Flexible Compensation
- Meal allowance tickets
- Flexwork: 20 hours per week of home-office.
- Pension Plan – after 1 year in the company.
- Life Insurance
- Insurance and Banking offer.
- Gym Discounts
- Zurich Wellness, sports activities at noon (yoga, pilates and jogging).
- Free English lessons
Who we are
Looking for a challenging and inspiring work environment where you can make a difference? At Zurich millions of individuals and businesses place their trust in our products and services every day. Our 55,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, enabling, businesses and communities to face a world of risk with confidence. Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. It’s a big challenge, but you will be supported by a world-class team who believe in helping you to reach your full potential and deliver on our promises.
We are already on our way and we are changing the way we do insurance. In order to do so we need people with talent, willing to learn and a lot of passion! Want to Join Us?
“ZURICH, 14 consecutive years being considered as top employer.
Zurich Insurance has the policy to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to criteria such as race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com