JV ZURICH BanSabadell Vida
We are looking for an Actuarial Analyst for our Pricing and Analytics Area. The new joiner will be involved in the analytics process and provide support to the main lines of business: household, motor, commercial, life, health, accidents and small and medium business. At the same time you’ll have to provide support and advice the most important areas and business process, including insights into underlying performance and implications for the business.
Under supervision, developing analytical models as tariff structures in mass lines of Business, and big data support for strategically decisions of new/renewal business:
- Development and improvement of predictive modeling tools according to the market best practices like: Reverse engineering from market information, Elasticity models for renewals and discount models including new variables.
- Develop analytical tools and methods such as scenario testing analysis and projections.
- Develop tariffs for new business and renewal, and assist in the monitoring of portfolio performance based on big data.
- Coordinate, prepare and perform analyses including trend analyses, and analyses of loss and expense reserves, as it relates to business benefits and strategic direction.
- Overview for life insurance and no life (personal and commercial lines).
- Support different areas on strategically decisions.
- Provide consultation and technical expertise on actuarial models and risk issues.
- Drive the design, testing and maintenance of pricing models and Tools.
- Researching in new approaches.
- Business projections.
- Local or Regional oversight of a single portfolio within a Business Unit or pricing analysis function.
- Adhere to professional standards of practice as defined by the relevant local actuarial society, regulatory body, or other governing body.
Your Skills and Experience
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Analyze data and undertake complex modeling to quantify risk and support business decision making. Perform more complex analyses as assigned.
- Development and monitoring of Tariff structures as well as retention and conversion modelling to improve business performance.
- Propose and be involved in analytical projects.
- Provide professional actuarial support and advice to actuarial business partners including insights into underlying performance and implications for the business.
- Manage the flow and quality of relevant data to ensure robust output.
- Ensure that processes and standards are consistent with internal Zurich actuarial policies and guidance and, where relevant, compliant with regulations; lead the implementation of systems and process improvements in own area.
- Best actuarial practice and review/analyze current practice area to support senior management in developing and improving processes and systems.
Education / Experience
- Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or Actuarial Sciences.
- Between 2 – 4 years of experience in big data, analytics, pricing, modeling or similar.
- Industry experience: insurance, bank, pharmaceutical, massive retail, on-line market, others.
- Account in Analytics Software’s (SAS, R, MS Office environment).
- English (Advanced Level).
- Interest in analytical tools and into develop new approaches.
- Curious mindset.
- Knowledge of other programming is valuable.
- Experience in actuarial environment (Emblem, Radar and GLM).
- Knowledge or interest in R/Python/SAS.
Based in Barcelona.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org